Face-to-face fundraising is one of the most effective ways for a charity to gain on-going support from the public and that is why they, and we, need you.
To be a good face to face fundraiser you need:
- A high level of confidence in your ability to stop and engage people in conversation
- Fantastic communication skills
- To be passionate about the charity you represent
- To be able to maintain high energy levels
- To have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- To be motivated, reliable and conscientious
- To be a real team player
Your role will be to sign up supporters, getting people on the street to donate to the charity by monthly direct debit. You must be prepared for people to say no and feel that you are able to handle any type of rejection.
Face-to-face fundraising isn’t the easiest of jobs but it is one of the most rewarding. Every single day you will get to meet new people, face new challenges and make a difference to some fantastic causes. You will work alongside some brilliant people, all the while being paid a top wage – what more could you ask for in a job?!